st: RE: RE: Pscores: assignment to Treated and Control?

From   "Colette.Grey" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Pscores: assignment to Treated and Control?
Date   Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:55:05 -0000

Thank you very much Ariel, I tried to use cem and got an error [<istmt>:  3499  cemStata() not found], I will keep trying.

Is it OK to run psmatch2 for three different years, store the results in new variables (for example _treatedYEAR1) and then combine the new variables (_treatedYEAR1, _treated YEAR2 and _treatedYEAR2) and use these as the results of psmatch2 for three years would you know please?

I read that optmatch is most suitable for samples which have more control that treated observations so didn't try this.

Again, many thanks, Colette

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of Ariel Linden, DrPH
Sent: Fri 19/11/2010 18:19
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Pscores: assignment to Treated and Control?

Hi Colette,

It dose not appear that pscore offers the option to generate a variable for
the matches.

I am more familiar with other user written programs that do automatically
generate the matches.  -psmatch2- generates all sorts of useful variables
for post further analytic purposes. -cem- (written by Gary King and found on
his website, as well as a descrption in a recent article in Stata Journal),
uses coarsened exact matcing and also leaves a couple of new variables in
the file for the match and the weight. -optmatch- is yet another user
written program that performs matching (optimal), written by Mark Lunt
(findit - optmatch).

There are others as well, but these are my top picks of programs for
matching (propensity score or otherwise)

I hope this helps

Ariel