st: Cramer Ridder test for multinomial logit model - syntax error

From   Sangamitra Ramachander <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Cramer Ridder test for multinomial logit model - syntax error
Date   Sun, 21 Nov 2010 09:42:37 +0000

Dear All,

I'm trying to use the Cramer Ridder test to see whether I can combine
two of the categories used in a multinomial logit model.

I have used this test in the past with an old version of stata (Stata
8). I am now using Stata 10 and have looked at the help and it says
the command is, after the mlogit, 'crtest' - this should tell you
pairwise whether categories are different.

However, when I do this, I get an invalid syntax error. I am not sure
if this test ceases to work in subsequent versions of stata or if I
should be doing something different. I've updated my version of Stata
10 and downloaded the ado file for this test.

I've scanned the archives of this list but wasn't able to find a
similar discussion. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you
very much.

Best,
Sangamitra