Re: st: Gini coefficient

Subject   Re: st: Gini coefficient
Date   Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:59:27 -0500

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:11 AM, momo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear statalisters
>
> I use stata to calculate the Gini coefficient and I found this command
> "somersd", but actually I dont know how to do the inequality graph by stata.
>
> So is there any specific command to do it or what.
>
> Thanks for help

Momo, you may be interested in ADePT Inequality, which is a program
based on "Numerics by Stata" and does a number of standard inequality
analyses:

"ADePT Inequality is an application for the analysis of income or
consumption distributions. It calculates all the main scalar measures
of inequality in current use, graphs Lorenz and Generalized Lorenz
curves, and decomposes inequality by population subgroups and income
sources (or expenditure types). Where data is available for more than
one year, the program generates growth incidence curves and decomposes
changes in inequality into its various components."

ADePT supports Stata and SPSS datasets as inputs.

The software is available free of charge from the World Bank's site:
www.worldbank.org/adept

Best,
   Sergiy Radyakin