st: Lost value labels

From   "Lidia Panico" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Lost value labels
Date   Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:06:38 -0000

Dear all,

I hope I am not covering old ground, I couldn't find an answer to this in the statalist archive.

After some manipulation of my dataset (mostly merging in new variables from other stata
files as well as from an excel file), I seem to have lost all my value labels. The variable labels
are still there. Any clue as to why this might have happened and, more importantly, if there's
any way to fix it other than by trying to recover an older version of my dataset?

Thank you, Lidia

Lidia Panico
Research Student
Dept. Epidemiology and Public Health, UCL
Room 3.09, 1-19 Torrington Place,
London, WC1E 6BT

Tel: 020 7679 1704

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/epidemiology/people/panicol.htm