st: RE: OT: how to report statistics in (medical) journals

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: OT: how to report statistics in (medical) journals
Date   Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:03:50 +0000

I suggest that you just look at published articles in the journal in which you intend to publish for their house style. Regardless of what tests you use, good practice surely includes graphing the data as well.

Kaulisch, Marc

I was asked to provide some tests for analyses in an article for a
medical journal. The results of theses tests (Wilcoxon; Kruskal-Wallis)
should be reported within the text in brackets. For me it is the first
time and I am not sure how to report the results best. I know that there
is a Council of Science Editors Manual, but it is not at hand here (and
not in the library).

Are there any guidelines for reporting statistics (and especially for
these tests...)?