Re: st: stochastic frontier test distribution

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stochastic frontier test distribution
Date   Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:26:05 -0600

If you have access to the Journal of Econometrics take a look at:

Lung-Fei Lee, A test for distributional assumptions for the stochastic
frontier functions, Journal of Econometrics, Volume 22, Issue 3,
August 1983, Pages 245-267

Abstract:
Some asymptotic tests for testing distributional assumptions, namely,
the half-normal and truncated normal distributions for the stochastic
frontier functions have been proposed. The tests are Lagrangean
multiplier tests based on the Pearson family of truncated
distributions. The statistics can be easily computed. Simple
interpretations of the statistics and two empirical examples are
provided.

Do distributional assumptions matter?  See Lovell and Kumbhakar (2000)
"Stochastic Frontier Analysis"  (page 90) and

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-11/msg00794.html

Scott