st: Reshape question

From   Charles Lee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Reshape question
Date   Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:36:30 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to reformat my data such that row observations in a single column
are filtered into separate columns. Currently, my data looks like this:

LETTERS

Now, the goal is to put similar observations (e.g. all the a's) into
separate columns.  So, in the example above, there would be four
columns, one for each letter.  Does anyone know how I can do this
systematically?

Thanks,

--
Charles Lee