Re: st: Marginal effects after biprobit

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Marginal effects after biprobit
Date   Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:14:08 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 1/11/10, momo wrote:
> I run a biprobit regression and all variables are
> significant but I found that the sign of the
> independent variables changes sometimes when I do
> the different combinations for the marginal
> effects after biprobit regression, i.e. (p11),
> (p10), (p01) and (p00). So could this be a problem
> or what.

It is no problem that the numbers (including the sign)
changes when you ask for different marginal effects.
This basically means that the answers change when you
ask different questions, which is exactly as it should
be. However, it is a huge problem if you do not know
which marginal effect answers your question.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie