Re: st: Getting Regression Output for Effect Size Calculation

From   "Eric Howard" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Getting Regression Output for Effect Size Calculation
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:59:01 -0400

Maarten,

Yes, I was referring to the user written command for "sizefx." Thanks for the suggestion on viewsource sizefx.ado!

Best,
Eric

--- On Fri, 29/10/10, Eric Howard wrote:
> I would like to calculate an effect size (Cohen's d) myself
> using an Excel file instead of using the sizefx command and
> was wondering how I can get n sizes, mean outcomes, and
> standard deviations from OLS (using reg command) regression
> output for my treated and comparison groups.

I assume you are refering to the user written command -sizefx-
that can be downloaded from SSC. Remember that the Statalist
FAQ asks everybody to report where they got user written
software from. This is in your own interest, as the answer
often depends on that information (i.e. which version of the
user written program you are using).

You can see how the computation is done if you type in Stata
-viewsource sizefx.ado-. This is a very short program and
well documented with comments, so reading it should not pose
a problem.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis