Re: st: Kountry Program Help (on Mac)

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Kountry Program Help (on Mac)
Date   Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:31:34 +0000

<>

Your adofiles are located in the proper location.  The problem is that kountryadd.ado doesn't have quotes around filepaths, so the error "invalid `Support'" is telling you that the OS doesnt know where to look when there is a space in your path.  That is, kountryadd.ado  interprets the line:

`c(sysdir_plus)'k/k_other_extras.txt

as your local path where k_other_extras.txt is located -- which is most likely something like:

     ~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/k/k_other_extras.tx

but without quotes, it chokes on the 'Support' part after the space.

You can fix this problem by manually editing the adofiles with quotes around all the filepaths and save (try using  Dan Blanchette's -adoedit- (from SSC)  to edit the files) .  Then type -discard- or restart Stata and try it again.
 I just did this with my copy of -kountry-/-kountryadd- and it fixed the problem.
Also, I've sent an email to Rafal Raciborski (kountry's author) about possibly adding these changes to the official adofiles.

Best,

Eric

__
Eric A. Booth