st: RE: comparing coefficients

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: comparing coefficients
Date   Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:00:40 +0100

There are two ways I can think of to answer this question, and many others roughly like it.

1. This is really a fishing expedition on your part in which you seek ideas on what to do in a project as yet undefined. That kind of question is not disallowed, and you may get some useful advice, but on the whole your chance of getting good advice would be much increased if you gave much more detail.

2. You are already using some specific commands. That kind of question is more likely to get answers, but again only with supply of Stata detail. For example, you don't even say what model or models you are using or contemplating.

Wael Wael

I am running a serial cross sectional study to examine disparities
between two groups. I want to compare my model output in year 1 with
the following year. (i.e. is the gap in disparities increasing or
decreasing)

Any ideas on how to do this in STATA would be appreciated.