Re: st: Cluster Survey DHS Parameterization

From   Drew Lover <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cluster Survey DHS Parameterization
Date   Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:36:15 +0800

Hi Steve,

So the dataset itself has 60 strata (!) in the hv022 "stratum"
variable. These do not correlate to anything obvious. I've used these
parameters anyway to see what happens, and the means/proportions don't
work out (referenced to table B2). Moreover, I get a  error message:
"missing standard errors because of stratum with single sampling
unit." I suspect you can "dummify" to get around this, but...

At this point, I might spend the time to build the seven strata you
mention; but it looks like the sampling description is just not
detailed enough.