st: RE: XTIVREG first-stage F-statistic

Subject   st: RE: XTIVREG first-stage F-statistic
Date   Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:14:22 +0100

Nicole,

xtivreg has a -first- option.  If you've got a single endogenous
regressor, you can take the t or z stat (I think it's a z stat) from the
first stage regression and manipulate it to get a first-stage F stat.

If that doesn't work ... I have an undocumented but mostly working
version of xtivreg2 that does random effects estimation.  If you contact
me off-list, I can send it to you.

Best wishes,
Mark

> I understand xtivreg2 displays the F-stat for fixed-effects
> or first-differences IV models, however there is no random
> effects option for xtivreg2.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicole

registered under charity number SC000278.