st: Font selection does not work properly in Stata's do-editor [bug]

Subject   st: Font selection does not work properly in Stata's do-editor [bug]
Date   Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:47:02 -0400

The problem is present in the most recent version of Stata 11 for
Windows (30Sep2010) and earlier builds.

Here are the observations:

1. The font list contains some fonts in multiple instances, in my case
about 10 copies of "Tahoma"
and five of "Flemish Script BT" (should only be one of each, according
to the contents of the
Windows\Fonts\ folder).

2. When moving the cursor selector in the list the cursor stucks on
the first one of the multiple fonts and
wouldn't go down to the next font. Clicking with the mouse on the
second, third etc instance of the
same font highlights the first instance.

3. I can select other fonts with no problem.

4. If I try to select font not in the editor, but in the command line
window of Stata, I see only one "Tahoma"
font and everything works fine.

5. If I try to select the font for the output window of Stata, I don't
see "Tahoma" at all.

6. Filesize of tahoma.ttf is 356,352 bytes, version 3.15

While this is fixed, is it possible to get a clarification as to which
fonts are eligible for which dialogs/windows?
The selection as presented by Stata is not always straightforward. Is
it based on monospace/non-monospace?
TrueType/not-TrueType? Unicode/non-Unicode?

Thank you, Sergiy Radyakin