Re: st: NRC rankings

Subject   Re: st: NRC rankings
Date   Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:29:18 -0500

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> Without many universities outside the United States, there is an even less complete picture of the biostat world....

I would say, without ANY universities outside the US. The National
Research Council arguably has no business ranking UK universities, you
guys have your own RAE system for this, with its own perks. It does
not address the global competitiveness issue (as Chinese rankings do),
either. Rather, it is supposed to answer questions like, "If a chair
of a Stat department wants to increase the diversity of the faculty,
what programs does he or she want to emulate?"