Re: st: Underdispersion in count data from a survery

From   Laurie Molina <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Underdispersion in count data from a survery
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2010 18:55:29 -0500

Thank you Steve very much.

Concerning your last post, i did used svy: reg
Probably i should have mentioned that, thank you for the check on that.

Concerning the previous post:
In fact my concern is on the standard errors.
Following the first link you mentioned me, i have run

glm depvar indepvar [iweight=factor] , link(log) family(poisson)
suest . , svy

What i get is exactly the same (coefficients and p-values -and so
standard errors) as when i run:
svy: poisson depvar indepvar

To my understand, when you run a poisson regression, while the
conditional expectation of y given x is correctly specified i.e.
E[y|X]= exp(Xbeta), even if the conditional distribution of y is not
poisson, you get consistent estimates, but if the equidispersion
asumption is not true, you will get wrong standard errors.

May be i am not understanding something, so i will like to confirm something:
What you are telling me is that when you use survey data, the
equidispersion assumption plays no role in the calculation of standard
errors because the standard errors are calculation using the survey
design information?

Thank you very much again!!