Re: st: saving regress results and variable names i.var#i.var

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: saving regress results and variable names i.var#i.var
Date   Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:39:42 +0100

I think what Benhoen2 really needs is the -parmest- and -descsave-packages, together with the -fvregen- package (if Benhoen2 is using Stata Version 11, or the -factext- package if Benhoen2 is using an earlier version. All of these packages can be downloaded from SSC, but if Benhoen2 is using an earlier version of Stata than Stata 11, then Benhoen2 should download -parmest- from my website by typing

net from http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/

and selecting the Stata version required.

The -parmest- package creates datasets with 1 observation per estimated parameter and data on parameter names, estimates, confidence limits, P-values and other parameter attributes. The -fvregen- package reconstructs the factors in this output dataset. An example of the use of -fvregen- with -parmest- and -descsave- is given in Newson (2010). Other examples of the use of -parmest- are listed in the References in the on-line help for -parmest-.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger