Stata 12 wish list: mixed model negative binomial

From   "Steve Rothenberg" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Stata 12 wish list: mixed model negative binomial
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:25:25 -0500

I'd guess we're at least half-way through the Stata 11 cycle and should see
Stata 12 sometime in 2011 or the beginning of 2012.

So, my wish to the Stata Santas is to include something like -xtmenb-, a
mixed model negative binomial procedure for count panel data.  Ideally it
would extend -xtmepoisson- to cover over=dispersed models, zero-inflated and
other varieties of censored and truncated count data that don't conform to
Poisson restrictions.

Or should I just buy LIMDEP?

Steve Rothenberg
National Institute of Public Health