st: RE: Number of observations: xtreg and xtivreg2

Subject   st: RE: Number of observations: xtreg and xtivreg2
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:21:55 +0100

Nadia,

Are any of these observations singletons?  These are panel units with
only one observation.  The FE within transformation wipes them out and
they are not used in the estimation.  xtivreg2 notes this and adjusts
the number of obs accordingly.  If xtivreg2,fe and xtreg,fe give you
otherwise identical results, this is probably the explanation.

--Mark

> Any help would be highly appreciated!
>
> Best,
> Nadia

registered under charity number SC000278.