st: R: question on survival analysis and selection correction

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: question on survival analysis and selection correction
Date   Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:19:32 +0200

Without knowing the data, Annamaria's query makes me think about which are
the inclusion criteria of her research. In other words, it may seem that
those who are already employed while attending evening courses for
graduation do not fulfil the inclusion criteria (being unemployed while
pursuing graduation) and perhaps Annamaria can rule them out from the
analysis.

Kind Regards,
Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Gáti Annamária
Inviato: martedì 28 settembre 2010 10.58
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: st: question on survival analysis and selection correction

Hello!

I am doing survival analysis on a graduate dataset.
I analyze "how long graduates survive in unemployment" after graduation.
Some find a job in 1 month, some in 3 etc, some not even in 30 month.

There are graduates in my data who do not search for a job after
graduation as they already had one while doing their studies (they
mostly did evening courses etc.).

I suppose there is a selection bias I should account for while I am
doing my survival analysis as those who search for a job after
graduation are mostly young, doing their studies full time and therefore
they are definitely different from the ones who earn their degrees while
working.

Is it possible to use the Heckmann correction methods together with
survival analysis? That is the only method I have learnt a bit about.
If I need to do this correction what is the way to specify it in my syntax?

annamaria gati