Re: st: Matched ID in Kernel Matching (PSMATCH2)

Subject   Re: st: Matched ID in Kernel Matching (PSMATCH2)
Date   Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:02:18 -0400

Santosh Kumar <[email protected]>:

Your -psmatch2- syntax is suspect, since you are not regressing a
treatment indicator on controls.  That said...
Why not reweight instead of match?

la var t "Treatment"
su t, mean
loc m=r(mean)
la var pvar "Estimated Propensity Score"
g w=cond(t,`m'/(`-`m'),pvar/(1-pvar))
la var w "ATT weight"
logit y t x* [pw=w]

Have you tried rerunning -psmatch2- multiple times to see if you get
the same estimate every time?  My guess is that your estimate depends
on the sort order of your data, which is an odd feature for any
estimator.