Re: st: Problems with reshape long

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Problems with reshape long
Date   Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:48:42 +0000

<>

The trick is to inform -reshape- that the string values in 'scene' come from the prefix of the stub varlist, not the suffix (as it expects).
To do this, use the @ symbol as a placeholder.

See -help reshape- where it explains

       " In the example above, when we wrote "reshape wide stub", we could have written "reshape wide
        stub@" because j by default ends up as a suffix.  Had we written stu@b, then the wide variables
        would have been named stu1b and stu2b."

An example:

******************!
//generate some fake data//
clear
inp sub_num   cuestay b1famrt b2famrt b6famrt b5famrt
1  12 1 3 3 1
2 11 1 6 6 -1
3 10  0 2 2 1
4 9 0 3 3 5