st: Meta-analysis questions

From   "Tiago V. Pereira" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Meta-analysis questions
Date   Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:12:01 -0300 (BRT)

Dear Rui,

1) Yes, the default is the fixed-effect inverse variance method if your
data is based on logor and selogor; typing "metan logor selogor, randomi"
will give you the DerSimonian-Laird method.

Type

help metan

to see the options.

2) As the message says, the option begg can handle only raw data (e.g. 2x2
tables, with a b c d counts)

Type

help metabias

for further information

3) You need to provide more information on your data set, and how the
typename variable was coded.

Also, try the pdfs that the following link shows :

http://tinyurl.com/342osna

Hope this helps.

Tiago

--------------

Hi. I'm a new user of STATA and the meta-analysis commands and have a
couple of questions...

1) For "metan logor selogor" command, is the default fixed effect? and
if I would like to test for the DerSimonian & Laird random effects is
it correct to type "metan logor selogor, random"?

2) I'm trying to do the command "metabias logor selogor, graph (begg)"
but is giving me the following error message:
Note: data input format theta se_theta assumed.
Only Egger or Begg tests can be used with two input variables theta se_theta
r(198);

What is causing this and how should I resolve it?

3) I'm trying to do the command "metafunnel logor selogor, by
(typename)" where typename is the type of different study designs but
is it giving me the following error message:
Note: default data input format (theta, se_theta) assumed.
type mismatch
r(109);

If i don't put in "by (typename)" it works fine and giving me the
funnel plot. What is causing this and how should I resolve it?

Thank you so much in advance for your guidance.

Rui