st: estout and multiply imputed data

From   Beth Gifford <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: estout and multiply imputed data
Date   Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:44:33 -0400

Hello
I am trying to use estout following several regressions from a
multiply imputed dataset (I'm using mi estimate).  My first attempt
failed because the results that I stored from estout did not have e(b)
and e(V) in the ereturn list.  So I attempted to use estadd but it
won't let me add e(b)--it seems to be reserved.  So I am wondering if
anyone has found a work around for this.

Here is an example of what I've tried
mi estimate: xtreg  dep_exp_agg $covar2  site2 site3 site4,
i(schl_id2) vce(robust)
matrix b2=e(b_mi)
estadd matrix b=b2 // this fails
estadd matrix c=b2 // this works
estimates store estdep_exp_agg

*Running estout if I had stored  my estimates prior to the estadd
commands would give the following error message "estimation results do
not have e(b) and e(V)"--so it seems that I can't even start estout
running if I don't have e(b) and e(V) in as matrices in ereturn.
Anyway, I thought someone might have a solution.

Sincerely
Beth

*I am using stata 11 on a windows machine.
Information on estout:
package st0085_1 from http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj7-2
TITLE
      SJ7-2 st0085_1.  Update: Making regression tables simplified
DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)
      Update:  Making regression tables simplified
      by Ben Jann, ETH Zurich
      Support:  [email protected]
      After installation, type help estout, esttab, eststo, and estadd

--
Elizabeth Gifford, PhD
Research Scientist