st: Graphic displays or results from margins

Subject   st: Graphic displays or results from margins
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:32:32 -0500

I am warming up to the new margins command. However, unlike the older adjust command, margins does not include the ability to generate new variables. I am therefore finding it hard to create graphic displays of the results.

Consider the following:

webuse nhanes2f, clear
logit diabetes i.black i.female age i.female#c.age, nolog
margins female#black, at(age = (20(10)70))

I would love to create a graphic where the Y axis was the probability of diabetes, the X axis was age, and there were 4 separate lines, for black males, black females, nonblack males, nonblack females. I imagine I could generate variables myself (basically replicating what margins is doing) or (ugh!) cut and paste results into an excel spreadsheet. But, is there some nice, simple approach for doing this? The prgen command in Long & Freese's spost9 suite of commands can do things like this, but it doesn't support many of the features of margins, e.g. it doesn't work with factor variables, and things like interaction terms are going to confuse it.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam