st: simply start over and build something better

From   Jose Molina <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: simply start over and build something better
Date   Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:23:32 -0500

Starting over makes it better or do you just get something different?

Mata is nothing better. It got different limitations, and so it
becomes useful. You are trading one limiation for another.

Factor variables sucked big time. I hope they demote whoever was in
charge. Very bad return on investment.

Margin (related to factor varible) is almost as bad. Not really better than mfx.

The only thing that became better is the graphics. Because the one
before it was really bad.

Jose

Interesting thought. The "new" graphics in version 8 would be another example.
Eventually, 3D graphics will be added and that would be a major
enhancement. Maybe in Stata 12? :-)
Improved table commands could be another major "structural" enhancement.
I guess that the work on factor variables for Stata 11 was difficult.

Anders