Re: st: Reconstructing the distribution from interval data

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reconstructing the distribution from interval data
Date   Wed, 08 Sep 2010 13:06:28 -0400

Ronan,

I don't think there are "good" solutions but I would start with some of
Daniel Heitjan's work (e.g., Heitjan, D (1989), "Inference from grouped
continuous data: a review," _Statistical Science_, 4, #2: 164-183

another option would be to treat this as a missing data problem; for
multiple imputation is Stata you would need to use -ice- rather than the
official programs since -ice- allows you to put constraints (bounds) on
the imputed values

Rich