st: Appropriate mfx elasticity command

From   Kevin Wolff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Appropriate mfx elasticity command
Date   Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:59:55 -0400

Good Morning,

I am a Ph.D. student at Florida State University and was hoping to get
some guidance on what elasticity command would be the most appropriate
in my situation. I just want to make sure I am using the correct
command in order to interpret it the way I would like. Specifically,
we are estimating a regression model with Y in natural log form and Xs
in their natural (unlogged) metric.  Would it be appropriate to use
the eyex or the dyex elasticity command if we seek elasticities that
represent percent change in Y based on percent change in X.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
Kevin