st:Command for clustering without sampling

From   Nanlesta Pilgrim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st:Command for clustering without sampling
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:56:57 -0400

Hello All!

I am trying to figure out which stata command I should use given the
dataset.  Basically, we collected information in clinics across three
states.  It was not the manner in which we would have preferred but we
did not sample clinics nor state due to the nature of the study. In a
sense, there really was no "cluster sampling," however, participants
attending the same clinics will have similar experiences than those
attending other clinics.  Participants were also not sampled given the
type of participant we were trying to recruit. Our main interest is
how experiences at baseline clinic visit influence behavior at
follow-up.   In running the analyses, I'm debating over what command
to use to control for "clustering,"  given participants were
interviewed within clinics within states.  I've contemplated (1)gee,
(2)svy, (3)logit with clustering option, and (4)logit controlling for
state and clinic.  Any guidance would be very helpful!

Thanks,
Nandy