st: Re: FORTRAN

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: FORTRAN
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 07:37:35 -0400

<>
I think what this person means is that they want to read the .dta files' contents into a Fortran program. That will generally require the use of -outfile- to produce an ASCII text file. Fortran can certainly read binary files, and I know Fortran, but I would not like to take on writing the Fortran code to read a .dta file into Fortran directly (although to StataCorp's credit, the information needed to do so is readily accessible).

In my understanding this has nothing to do with translating the logic of a Stata do-file or ado-file into equivalent Fortran.

Kit