Re: st:about the fixed-effects model

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:about the fixed-effects model
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:10:11 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 31/8/10, Jing Zhou wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. I have checked my dataset
> showing there is no change of province for this variable. I
> am wondering whether it is because my dataset is an
> unbalanced panel?

I did not mean that the province changed, but that the firms
changed with respect to to which province they belong. If that
is not the case than the time constant covariates  should drop
out, and the fact that they don't indicates an error somewhere
in your data. Balanced or unbalanced should not make a
difference.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis