st: xtmixied: Marginal Effect with Interactions

From   Guy Grossman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: xtmixied: Marginal Effect with Interactions
Date   Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:46:02 +0000

Dear Statalist -

I am using Stata 10.1 on Mac to estimate the following model:

xtmixed change x1 x2 x1Xx2 c1 c2 c3 c4 c5  || group: || id:, mle nolog

in which both x1 and x2 are dummies and x1 is a treatment variable in
a randomized experiment. I have two questions:

1. how can I calculate the effect of x1 conditional on x2==1, while
setting the control variables to their mean (continuous variables) or
median (categorical)?

2. what do you suggest would be the best way to graphically present
the results given that both x1 and x2 are dummies?

I look forward for your astute recommendations.

Regards,
Guy

--
Guy Grossman