Re: st: question about spmap

Subject   Re: st: question about spmap
Date   Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:10:53 -0400

Hi, Ana,

Your data points may have coordinates measured differently from your map.
This happens often when the map projections are different. For example if your
map was in UTM you may use the following manual to convert it from the
northing-easting to the lat-long notation:

http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/publications/tm8358.2/TM8358_2.pdf

To check that, see if either the map or the point coordinates have
values measured
in 100thousands or millions (or consult the data provider). If so,
refer to the manual
above to convert your data. I prefer working in lat-long, but that's a matter of
convenience and context.

I do have a working code to convert from UTM to lat-long, so if this
is your situation,
when Kit is back, I could post it to the SSC.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin