Re: st: Storing coefficients after seqlogit

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Storing coefficients after seqlogit
Date   Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:04:25 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 24/8/10, Dominik Becker wrote:
> how can I access and store the coefficients after
> -seqlogit- separately by transition level? For
> instance, using the -seqlogit- help file
> example, after having performed -seqlogit-, I could write
>
>     scalar s1 = _b[white],
>
> but this gives my only the estimate of "white" for the
> first transition. How can I get scalars for the estimates
> of the other levels?

For those who are wondering what -seqlogit- is, it is a user
written program (by me) accesable from SSC.

The coefficients for different transitions are stored in different
equations. I usualy don't remember the names of the equation, and
they contain a lot of underscores, which I find a pain to type (I
know, I chose those names, so the only I can blame is me), so I
often refer to them by number, the one that is displayed at the
top is the first equation, the second is the second equation, etc.

To refer by number you just type [#1]_b[white] for the first
equation, [#2]_b[white] for the second, etc.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie