st: RE: incorporate table into figure

From   "Trelle Sven" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: incorporate table into figure
Date   Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:37:21 +0200

Hi Jeph
If you wish to put persons at risk you could use "sts graph" with the
"risktable" option.
For other graphs you could try to use a scatterplot with invisible
markers but superimposed labels showing your numbers. Below is a sample
code showing a fitted line (first line in code) plus actual
corresponding data points (second line in code) on a percentage scale
with absolute numbers in a table (third line in code; "yvaluef" is the
position of the table line on the y-scale, always the same value for the
different years ...; actual numbers are in a string variable "female";
The title for the table line is included using the text option). Note
however that the table will be shown within the plot region not below
(although there might be ways to change this).

* example starts; extract of more complex graph
line standfempred year, sort lcolor(red) ///
  || scatter year basisjahr, msymbol(o) mcolor(red) ///
  || scatter yvaluef year, msymbol(i) mlabel(female) mlabcolor(red)
mlabposition(9) mlabgap(-3.8) mlabs(small) ///
     yscale(r(1 3.8)) ylabel(1 "Reference" 2 "100%" 3 "200%" 4 "300%")
ymtick(1(0.5)3.8) xscale(r(-2.5 14.6)) xlabel(0 "1993/4" 4 "1997/8" 8
"2001/2" 12 "2005/6") xmtick(0(2)14) ytitle("Change") xtitle("Year")
text(0.75 -1 "Females", place(w) color(red) size(small)) legend(off)
scheme(s1color) name(standpred, replace)
* example ends

Sven