st: Course: An introduction to medical statistics using Stata.

From   Ashley Dyer <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Course: An introduction to medical statistics using Stata.
Date   Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:44:38 +0100

Hello everyone

Timberlake Consultants, the official distributor of Stata, would like to invite you to attend the following four-day course to be held at The London Mathematical Society on the 13 - 16 September 2010.

Location: The London Mathematical Society, De Morgan House, 57 - 58 Russell Square London, UK.

Delivered By: Dr Timothy Collier & Prof. Stephen Evans ( LSHTM )

Course Overview.

The aim of this course is to introduce and review a number of popular statistical methods used in medical research. The emphasis is on the practical aspect, however, the principles behind these techniques will also be discussed. All techniques and exercises will be demonstrated with Stata 11. Examples from published research will be used wherever possible, and participants are encouraged to bring their own data (if they wish) to be used for class exercises. Participants should, by the end of the course, be able to use Stata for carrying out their own analyses for the most common types of problems encountered in medical statistics.

Topics Include:

Processing, examining and managing data, Simple comparisons- t-test.
Chi-square tests.
non-parametric Correlated data Linear and logistic regression.
Re - sampling and simulation.
Survival analysis
Writing simple programmes in Stata

Who should attend?.

The course is aimed at either medical researchers who have had minimal exposure to statistical methods or at statisticians who wish to learn how to use Stata 11.  Registration includes the use of a computer,  course materials, lunch and refreshments.

The practical's will use Stata 11SE and we encourage delegates to bring in their own data in Excel format.

Please follow this link for further information. http://www.timberlake.co.uk/Training/stata-092010-2.php

Cost: (Per Participant)
Commercial/Government £1,440.00 Excluding VAT
Academic/Non-Profit Research £1,120.00 Excluding VAT
Student £600.00 Excluding VAT.

To register. Please contact Ashley Dyer at Timberlake consultants Ltd on [email protected] or by calling 020
8697 3377.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Ashley Dyer Timberlake Consultants Ltd
Unit B3, Broomsliegh Business Park,  Worsley Bridge Rd
London SE26 5BN

All price quotations and information given is subject to our Terms and Conditions of Business, available on request or detailed on our website.
Registered Office: Unit B3, Broomsleigh Business Park, Worsley Bridge Road, London SE26 5BN,UK
Registration No.: 3225632
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8697 3377 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8697 3388

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving our network. We will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.