Re: st: prvalue command after logistic regression

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: prvalue command after logistic regression
Date   Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:14:32 +0000 (GMT)

--- Weichle, Thomas wrote:
> I'm trying to produce predicted probabilities after running a logistic
> regression using the prvalue command.  The prvalue command doesn't like
> factor variables from a previously run logistic regression.  Has anyone
> figured out a way to get around this issue?  I'd rather not have to
> create dummy variables for each of the factors of a categorical
> variable.

The best solution is probably to use official Stata's new -margins-
command for those predictions and their standard errors/confidence
intervals.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Ps. -prvalue- is a user written command, and the Statalist FAQ askes
everybody to specify where they got it from. This is important
because there are often multiple versions floating around in cyber
space and the answer may well depend on which version you are using.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36