Re: st: Standard error of the marginal effect or predicted probability in a conditional logit

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Standard error of the marginal effect or predicted probability in a conditional logit
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 17:58:32 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 19/8/10, Glenn Hoetker wrote:
> Can anyone point me towards a way to calculate the standard
> errors of either the marginal effects or the predicted
> probabilities of a  conditional logit model

-margins- in combination with -predict(pu0)- option. This will
force the group specific deviations to be zero, i.e. you are
getting the probabilities for the average group. That is
necesary because you need those deviations to compute the
probabilities and marginal effect if you don't set them at 0,
and Stata does not estimate these group specific deviations,
so they won't appear in the variance covariance matrix, so you
can't use the delta method for anything other than pu0.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie