AW: st: AW: RE: Number of a subset of variables in local

Subject   AW: st: AW: RE: Number of a subset of variables in local
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:26:30 +0200

<>

Sorry about that, Antoine, I never meant to spoil your vacation planning,
but a word of warning appeared appropriate for Sven. In fact, blowing up a
problem by the factor of 100 to test the stability of its solution is always
a good idea. -help limits- is an underappreciated resource, IMHO.

So several issues got mixed up in our posts, and I am not in a position to
disentagle them, but I know there is a very prominent lister who will clear
up the mess... The -length of string in string expression: 244- in -h
limits- is central to this enterprise, as is NJC`s Stata tip cited before.
That much I do know...

HTH
Martin