Re: st: Cox proportional hazard model

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cox proportional hazard model
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:04:13 -0700

Dear Nyasha,
It seems your main outcome is time to employment, and your co-variates include:
	# of non-patient household members living together with the patient
	patient receiving AIDS medication (yes/no)

Questions which also occur to me are:
can you measure duration of AIDS medication prior to start of observation in your study? are you observing for the event (becoming employed) only for the AIDS patient or for any household member? do you have multiple observations (in which case a time-dependent model can be built)?

If the answer to that last question is yes, then a relevant paper may be: Fewell, Z., M. A. Hernan, et al. (2004). "Controlling for time- dependent confounding using marginal structural models." The Stata Journal 4(4): 402-20

Michael McCulloch