st: Zero inflated count data estimation in panel

From   "Justus Baron" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Zero inflated count data estimation in panel
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:49:25 +0200

Dear All,

We currently face the following problem:
We have panel data with the dimensions 350x37. The dependent variable is a patent count, and many (70%) of the observations are zero, the remaining 30 % are highly skewed from 1 to 140. We thought about using zero-inflated negative binomial or zero inflated poisson estimators, but we did not find any stata command for these estimators with fixed effects. Is there any way to run zero inflated count data regressions with fixed effects in Stata? If not, is there any suitable way of dealing with the problem of many 0-values in panel data using stata?

Thank you in advance

Tim and Justus
--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl