Re: st: Replace missing values by 0

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Replace missing values by 0
Date   Mon, 9 Aug 2010 09:01:16 +0000

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Hobst <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have two variabled called "prean" and "pa_kum" that contain missing values.
> These missing values i would like to replace by 0 (zero). What command can i
> use to do this?

foreach x of varlist prean pa_kurn{
  replace `x' = 0 if(`x' == .)
}

...is one way to skin this cat.

> Thanks in advance for your support. Regards

This is a very basic question though.  You may well benefit from
reading the Users Guide and/or  taking the Stata Net Course 101 :
Introduction to Stata (see http://www.stata.com/netcourse/nc101.html).

Neil

--
"One should as a rule, respect public opinion in so far as is
necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/