st: AW: Is there a command for picking off the lowest values of an Identified group?

Subject   st: AW: Is there a command for picking off the lowest values of an Identified group?
Date   Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:49:54 +0200

<>

*************
clear*

inp byte Mother_ID str1 Child_ID byte Child_Age
1   a  1
1   b  2
1   c  3
1   d  4
2   e  10
2   f   10
2   g  12
3   h  5
3   i   7
end

bys Mother_ID: egen minagechild=min(Child_Age)

li, noo sepby(Mother_ID)

See NJC`s http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=pr0004

HTH
Martin