st: RE: Re: xtline: options for line color

From   "alison.drake" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Re: xtline: options for line color
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:12:06 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks so much this worked!

From: Scott Merryman [via Statalist] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:33 PM
To: alison.drake
Subject: RE: Re: xtline: options for line color

Something like this:

clear
set obs 150
gen id = _n
expand 30
bys id: gen t = _n
gen group = (id<=75)
gen x = rnormal() if gr == 0
replace x = rnormal(4,1) if gr == 1
forv i = 1/150 {
        if `i' < 76 {
                local plotline1  "`plotline1' line x t if id == `i', lc(black)  || "
        }
        else {
                local plotline2  "`plotline2' line x t if id == `i', lc(blue) || "
        }
}
 twoway `plotline1' `plotline2' , legend(order(1 "Group 1" 76 "Group 2"))

Scott

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Martin Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <>
>
> You could also build this from scratch as a -twoway line-, I think, using
> Scott`s techniques...
>

> HTH
> Martin

  _____

View message @ http://statalist.1588530.n2.nabble.com/xtline-options-for-line-color-tp5318443p5323657.html
To unsubscribe from Re: xtline: options for line color, click < (link removed) >  here.