RE: st: RE: RE: difference between robust and cluster option

From   "Jing Zhou" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: difference between robust and cluster option
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:58:43 +1000

i am sorry...yesterday one of the experts told me how to cluster both
firm and year by install some programs. but i deleted the email by
mistake. could you please kindly send me again the commands?

many thanks!!

Jing

>>> "Ma, Guang" <[email protected]> 17/07/2010 4:46 pm >>>
Do you mean you have 560*9=5040 or fewer observations in total? Or you
have multiple observations for each firm-year? If the former, you cannot
cluster by both firm and year. If the latter, you can define a new
variable called "class" (for example) which concatenates firm and year
("IBM1990", for example). then use the following command:

xtreg y x, fe vce(cluster class) nonest

where "nonest" is a new option to specify that "panels are not nested
within clusters".

Hope it helps.

Guang Ma