st: kernel density of values less than 1

From   Katja Hillmann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: kernel density of values less than 1
Date   Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:50:40 +0200

Hello,

I used the command kdensity in order to calculate the density of fractions (e.g. number of longterm unemployed on total unemployment). Thus I try to calculate the denisty of values less than 1. However, the values of the densities Stata provided are all greater than 1. Where is the problem? Does Stata have problems in calculating distributions of variables within an intervall of 0 and 1?

Best,
Katja