Re: st: AW: Suest v/s biprob in stata 11

From   Prakash Kashwan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: Suest v/s biprob in stata 11
Date   Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:52:38 -0400

Hi Martin,

Thanks so much for a prompt response. By user friendly menus, I meant
the SPSS kind of interface that Stata 11 has to offer. In the process
of responding to your query I have also discovered that Stata 11 does
offer a similar menu for the suest command, but still doesn't give me
test statistics. Below, I describe the two different ways in which
Stata 11 carries out 'Seemingly Unrelated Estimation'

Menu -1:  Statistics > Statistics > Binary Outcomes > Seemingly
unrelated estimation

This menu runs the following command

 biprobit (probit model 1) (probit model2), vce(robust) noskip
difficult nonrtolerance

Menu -2: Statistics > Postestimation > Tests > Seemingly unrelated estimation

This one runs the suest command

suest probitModel1 probitModel2, vce(robust)

And, this is the one I want to use, but it doesn't give me test
statistics; basically to find out if suest offers me additional
leverage (as compared to each of the models run independently).

Many thanks,
Prakash

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Martin Weiss <[email protected]> wrote:

> <>
>

> " The
> new user friendly menus use biprob command, which gives me different
> results compared to when I use suest posestimation command"
>

> What does "the new user friendly menus" mean? And what is the -biprob-
> command/where did you obtain it???
>

> HTH
> Martin

Prakash Kashwan <http://mypage.iu.edu/~pkashwan/>
School of Public & Environmental Affairs (SPEA)
Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis; Indiana University,
Bloomington
Research Fellow (2009) - International Foundation for Science (Sweden)