st: RE: Placing results in a new stata sheet

Subject   st: RE: Placing results in a new stata sheet
Date   Mon, 31 May 2010 23:04:12 +0200

<>

This cries out for the use of -postfile-, as in Michael`s http://www.michaelnormanmitchell.com/stow/posting-results-regression.html and two following posts, or check the archive, as in http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-10/msg01043.html.

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of George Chioran
Sent: Montag, 31. Mai 2010 22:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Placing results in a new stata sheet

Dear statalisters,

I want to store the
results that I obtain from several while loops. First I have the time variable “t”:
1, 2, 3, … and are in total 16. Then I have the accounts “a”: 210, 245, 256, … and
are in total 700. In time period 1 I get a different result for all 700
account. In time period 2 the same happens and so on. I would like to somehow
save the results that I get from each account under each period.
My code goes like
this:

local t = 1
local a = 1
While `t’ <= 16 {
                        While `a’ <=
700 {
                                                    …..
In this loop I get the results for a = 1 which is r1, for a = 2 which is
r2 and so on. Could I somehow save the results r1, r2,… in a new stata sheet?
                                                        local
a = `a’+1
                                                         }
                          local t = `t’ +1
                          }

I would like the
results to be placed in a table like this:
ta                            result
1              210                         r1
1              245                         r2
1              256                         r3
2              210                         r1
2              245                         r2
2              256                         r3

So when the loop with
variable t is at 1, the table should put in the first column only 1, in the
second column the current account and in the third column the result of the current account.

Thank you a lot in advance,
George