AW: st: How can I transfer the variable labels to excel using the outsheet command?

Subject   AW: st: How can I transfer the variable labels to excel using the outsheet command?
Date   Thu, 27 May 2010 13:16:35 +0200

<>

" What I want is to export to a csv file not only the variable names but
also the variable labels.

Where would the csv-file put the variable label, though? Below the variable
name, i.e. in the second row?

You may want to look at Roger`s -ssc d descsave- which says in its mission
statement:

"descsave can be used together with outsheet and insheet to construct a
definitive generic spreadsheet version of the data (in case the user needs
to return to the data decades into the future, when all proprietary software
has evolved beyond recognition)."

HTH
Martin