Re: st: discrete hazard modells: irregular time intervals

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: discrete hazard modells: irregular time intervals
Date   Thu, 27 May 2010 00:23:12 -0400

Oliver,
  Are your intervals small enough to aggregate them into
larger but temporally equal intervals?  That way you can
still do the discrete time logistic regression using the hazard
rate in the odds ratio.
  You might consider a finite mixture model where one of the
components dealt with the duration of the risk set and the other
dealt with the hazard rate within it.  You could alternatively
weight the risk by the exposure time to compensate for the
irregular duration of the periodization if you could find a
relationship between the rate and duration that was strong enough.
   You would have to make the adjustments for the interval
censoring of course.
   -  Robert

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor